Saturday, June 2, 2012

Growing up. . . .

Being raised in a military family, means seeing the world in a different perspective, understanding certain things that most people wont. Acting in a way that makes you as an individual seem like an outcast, however, being able to present yourself in a mature manner your whole life, knowing what to say or even how to act is what makes military life fun but yet difficult. I say that because. its fun in a way that you get to travel a lot, but its difficult because not everyone will underestand you where ever you go. Thats why, I am the way I am because I have been raised in a military atmosphere, and have seen how other cultures live their lives, so I bounced my life off from what I have seem throughout my 19 almost 20 years of being in a Military Family. . . .
<3

Always,
SmplyMe.

10 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure I agree mainly because I was a military too ;P. I understand how it is to travel and experience different cultures. Soon you get used to being around that atmosphere that you begin to make that your culture. As you move around, you take in different forms of cultures and make it your own. And then you realize you aren't really "from" anywhere. I've taken in so many different cultures that I find it hard to say I am an American

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See you get me...i never know how to answer when someone ask me...where are you from, because i don't consider the place i was born at the place i am from because i don't remember living there, i moved away when i was just a wee little lad.

      Delete
  2. that is true, but you traveled a lot and learn more about other cultures and life styles, thats make you more knowledgble and smart person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really say I am smart...but i am well educated. if that make sense

      Delete
  3. It must be difficult, but probably very rewarding too. Not many people have respect for the many cultures that exist on this planet, but you ,who has had the privilege to come hand in hand with many of them, I am pretty sure have learned to appreciate those cultures and the many variety of peoples that exist. Must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you feel. My family wasn't military but i was for four years and the experience changed my life in a good way. I understand what it's like not having a constant childhood friend cause i didn't have one either. My family moved a lot when i was younger and it was hard making new friends wherever i went knowing that if i moved again my friends would never see me again. Very painful experience that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, one last thing. Loved your pictures!

      Delete
  5. My family wasn't military, but we did travel a lot and my dad was extremely strict. I was never around my cousins or aunts or uncles, i hardly saw my grandparents. It is hard traveling around, especially when you are in school and you have to make new friends all the time. Growing up in different cultures is shocking, I was always a tom-boy because the school I went to had all tom-boy girls. I always wanted to be very fashionable, but going to private schools made it difficult, so i stuck with being a tom-boy. Until my mother explained to me that i could be who ever I wanted to be as long as i was my true self. By the middle of high school I began to act and be who i wanted to be and that made her proud. I think she was just tired of seeing me wear jordans and basketball shorts....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must of been a great experience being part of the military family. maybe hard knowing you would make friends somewhere and have to move and meet new people. learning new cultures much of been cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. traveling the world sounds cool; but to always have to put up a face that you know isn't yours all the time in front of people you might not know seems to be a waste of time to me. Don't get me wrong i understand what your saying, I'm just saying it much have been hard to not always be yourself.

    ReplyDelete