Monday, May 21, 2012
The Absence of a Best Friend
Have you even thought about how different the life of a Military B.R.A.T is? Throughout my whole life I've always wondered how life would be if I wasn't a Military B.R.A.T. . . I've always imagined having that one best friend I've known since dippers and grew up with, But I have never had that. I haven't had a Best Friend i can tell everything to. Since I am always moving, we would just loose contact and she becomes best friends with someone else, so I have to find a new one. It hurts to know that no matter how much i want that one best friend who only has me as a best friend, will never happen. I usually have to share with someone else, then they would hang out more, I feel left out and alone. But being a Military B.R.A.T, you kind of get use to that. . . . . .
Always,
SmplyMe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know what you mean, but look at on the bright side you get to travel to so many places and get to see new world and people. my husband was in the military and I hated the packing and leaving good friend behind, but I was excited to discover the new places.
ReplyDeleteSee that is what I loved too, seeing new placing, expericening things that many people don't get to experience, it makes me proud to be in a military family.
DeleteWhen I was in kinder, I had this best friend who was Vietnamese! I thought we would be best friends forever! Then she had to move back to her native hometown, and I felt like I would never find a best friend ever again.. and when we would celebrate Chinese New Year at our elementary school I would get so sad! (Even though that holiday had nothing to do with her cause she was Vietnamese!) LOL So when she was gone I felt how you said I had to share everything with someone else who wasn't entirely as special.
ReplyDeleteJust curious though.. What places have you traveled to?
This was very touching and is sad to know that the one thing most people can take for granted is really the one thing someone else truly wants for themselves. I hope you find that one true friend someday.
ReplyDeleteI kind of believe that you can have many best friends... but to me my significant other tends to become more of a best friend that my girl best friends because they are closer, and my friends tend to sometimes stress me out. Through life I had best friends starting in kindergarden but that doesn't stay. you get put in different classes, separated, especially girls. they get snotty and find other friends, exclude people, bad mouth people. as a girl it's very hard to have "the one best friend" that sticks though it all. good thing now a days since were older we have healthier relationships sometimes with our friends and are more mature than before... it's easier to have friends and keep contact with the aid of cell phones and Facebook.
ReplyDelete